23 September, 2006

Two sides to every story....

Her side of the story (a perusal of her thoughts):
" How much more time will it take for this bus to arrive???? Look at the crowd gathering...Ah! there it is finally, let me get in now..quick!
Whew! finally in...Where is the conductor now..ah! there he is...(buys the ticket)...Let me see now..Any place to sit...yes..there it is..next to that guy in the black shirt...
Wow! Its so nice to finally sit down and rest my feet..all that standing at the bus-stop really kills me...But damn! Its the aisle seat..wish I had the window seat..should I ask the guy next to me if he would mind letting me sit at the window...(turning to the guy at the window seat, eyes meet)...Oh My God!!!! Its Him....After so many years...
How long ago was it?... 3 years..maybe more....Haven't been in any contact with him since then..no calls, no letters...Zero! Zilch! Nothing!....He still looks as good as ever...still makes my heart do a somersault....and he has the headphones in his ears as usual...used to have them on even when I used to talk to him...guess old habits die hard...
Should I smile at him? Should I say something?...Maybe I should...We didn't fight or anything..we just drifted apart somehow...But why isn't he saying anything? Did he even recognize me? Or maybe he did recognize me but is pretending that he hasn't....does he not feel anything anymore?
Maybe he is seeing someone else....Hmm..its likely that he's moved on...its been a rather long time...he was always popular with the girls....Wonder who it is with..maybe I know her...
Will he say something already?!!! My stop is almost here...won't he even say a little hi....
Oh! Chuck it! Here's my stop now...I'll get up now..get down and wont look at him!!!! "
His side of the story (a perusal of his thoughts) :
" Few more stops and I'll be home...Its been a long day...I think I'll go meet the gang at CCD before I head home...a nice coffee and some good conversation is what I need most now...and well X has bought a new bike...need to have a look at that too...
Ahhh! Himesh Reshammiya again...what happened to all the good singers...and all the good songs!!!...(she comes and sits next to him)....Hey! I know this scent..She used to wear it...(he turns to look at her at the same time that she looks at him)...It is her!...
Oh! there is a lump in my throat already....should I say something? Does she remember me? If she did, then she would probably have said something by now...but she hasn't even smiled at me yet...
No wait..she has recognized me for sure...She is giving me that ' you-and-your-earphones' look again...How well I know that look!....Hmmm...so she remembers me...but why won't she say anything??? ..she was always a little egoistic..that's it...her ego!
Is she going around with someone else now? Didn't she get in at the stop near the court? So I guess she did pass her Law exam...working now I guess...
Why is she getting up now? This is not where she used to live! Guess she moved..lives somewhere around here now....
Should I say something? I think I should..but she isn't looking back....
Oh! Forget it!"
Note: This is a fictional piece..Does not reflect the views of any individual person..But yes, I did prepare for this piece by asking a few girls and guys I know, how they would react if placed in a situation like this...and then I just created a mix of all the views I heard....So you may find your own views reflected here, or you might not...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! nice 1!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey..
Awesome piece. Very thoughtful. This is how relationships have misunderstandings and drift apart when they could very well have been together.
It's time we started making the first move as soon as we feel it:)
Love the way you wrote this one.
:)

Sushant said...

IT IS FREAKY!!! thats all i can say!!